• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when did the new bk law pass????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jackrabbit

i thought it still had months to go. how will this effect texas laws? credit card debts, judgements, can we still keep our homes????
our cars???our jobs???halket?? bigun???

T

toodlebug27

I had read in a posting on this web site that the Bankruptcy Reform Act had passed, and I wanted to find out the effective date so I looked it up. The poster was wrong. The Bankruptcy Reform Act has not yet passed. The last action taken on the latest version of the bill was on 7/31/2001 when it was referred to the Committee on Education and the Workforce to consider Senate amendments.

M

mik_mik

not yet

I’ve heard that law has not being signed by the president yet but when it is, there should be 6 mo grace period to file under the old law.
Is above true? Anybody have a other information about this?
Thanks.

bigun

The proposed changes to the BK laws are still bottled up in a joint House-Senate Conference Committee. The only thing certain is, if there are any chnges, they will take affect 180 days after the President signs the bill into law. Check out www.clla.org for updates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">