• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will "non budgeted items" from months prior to filing affect my BK7?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rustifer

What is the name of your state? Ga

Filing BK7 in August and I was just checking over my prior year bank statements to see just how stupid I had been.
I noticed that I spent money on things that are not in my Expenditure Schedule that will be filed with the court. However, I have been keeping things in check the last few months and will continue to do so.

But will they even care if I bought 200 bucks in flowers 4 months ago or spent a few hundred bucks here and there on recreational activities over a few month period?

Will they even want to see my statements? I write about 20 checks a month, sometimes even more.

Thanks

RC

Ladynred

A Trustee can ask for prior month's bank statments, but usually the one they're really interested in is the one that shows your bank balance on the day you filed. You should have some expenses on your budget to cover gifts - the flowers should come under that as would b'day and holiday gifts. Even if you don't buy stuff like that every single month, you average them anyway. Same goes for recreation. So.. examine your epenses and if you didn't have anything in there for recreation or gifts over the course of a year, then you might want to re-do your expenses a bit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">