• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$1200 bill I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missgapgrl

Idaho

Please help me. I have kept my horse at a boarding facility for the past 6 years. I have paid my monthly board every month and tried to keep up with farrier and vet bills the best I could- as I have never received a bill. I have recently decided to move my horse and have been presented with a $1200 bill. Some of the charges I understand, such as missed farrier payments and a few vaccinations. However, I was not notified of the rates going up but am still expected to pay for them. While I did sign a contract, the owner does not seem to want me to see it. How liable am I for this outrageous bill? She has done this several times before and locks up people's horses so they cannot leave without paying. HELP ME PLEASE I am a poor college student! One more thing- why does she let these bills get so bad?? I am not the only one this has happened to. Also, the only way you can get her to tell you how much you owe is if you tell her you are leaving the facility. Then she pops it out pretty fast.

Some Random Guy

take your horse out for a ride. While riding have your friends show up with a trailer and load him up. The lady has no rights to sieze your horse (and charge every day for boarding) unless the contract you signed says so.

If she tries to stop you, tell her to go fetch the contract that says she gets to keep the horse while you argue over the money. Once the horse is back in your posession, you will be in a much better bargaining position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">