• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

20% Restocking Fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwareham

What is the name of your state? Florida.

I signed an invoice to order wood floors from retailer on Friday, april 29 at 2 PM. I told person I did not need floors until May 15. called next morning april 30, 2005 at 10 AM to cancel order.

I spoke to staff for retailer, who said he would rip up check and mail back to me, then speak to the manager. I told him I'd put a stop on the check as extra precaution, and he agreed.
Manager called back at 11 AM april 30 and said shipment was already on its way and I owe them a 20% restocking fee ($700.00). I was not advised of any restocking fees by retailer at signing invoice, nor was any mention of a restocking fee on my receipt/invoice. I did not sign anything agreeing to a restocking fee of any amount. Retailer told me there is a sign somewhere on their premesis and said they will take me to court. I never saw a sign, now did retailer ever show it to me. I was informed Florida has 3-day law to cancel a contract. Does retailer have any legal backing to take us to court? Would they win if they did so?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">