• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3-day cooling off period cellular

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

akemichild

i signed up for cingular wireless on 9/20/01 thursday . i signed a contract and purchased the phone at an authorized cingular dealer in california .

today 9/22/01 i went to return the phone and diconnect my service because the cellular service does not work at my home, which is where i would make most of my calls after 9pm (they have a deal unlimited long distance and unlimited nights and weekend after 9pm).

when i told the dealer i wanted to return the phone, he said that i would have to pay the early termination fee .

does the fee still apply if i return it before the 3-day cooling off period? i have used less than 30 minutes on the phone. what are my rights as a consumer?

please respond soon, because i only have one more day. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">