• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 days to cancel contract? NOT?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

electrowoman

I'm located in Pa. My son went to look at motorcycles for trail riding. I had to work so he went alone. The fast talking salesman sold him a moto cross bike! Yes that's the really LOUD make the neighbors mad type of bike.

He called me when he got home and I told him NO WAY. He brought the bike home Saturday late and we called the dealership early Monday morning to cancel the deal. The bike was not ridden.

They told me there is no cancelling contracts on dirt bikes? I saw nothing in the contract to that end.

The bike cost 3,000 dollars if that makes a differance.

My son is 20 years old.

What's the law say about this?

Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

electrowoman said:
I'm located in Pa. My son went to look at motorcycles for trail riding. I had to work so he went alone. The fast talking salesman sold him a moto cross bike! Yes that's the really LOUD make the neighbors mad type of bike.

He called me when he got home and I told him NO WAY. He brought the bike home Saturday late and we called the dealership early Monday morning to cancel the deal. The bike was not ridden.

They told me there is no cancelling contracts on dirt bikes? I saw nothing in the contract to that end.

The bike cost 3,000 dollars if that makes a differance.

My son is 20 years old.

What's the law say about this?

Thank you

My response:

Unless he's mentally retarded, your son bought a bike - - plain and simple. He's an adult at age 18, and from that point on, he's legally able to enter into binding contracts.

Wear earplugs. The bike is his.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">