• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 Day Credit Repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JP1108

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have been working and attending school. I am a single father and have been trying several means to fix my credit. I saw an ad for "30 Day Credit Repair" and made an appointment. I met with an assistant who didn't say much, but immediately asked for all my information and made a photocopy of my ID, soc sec card and bank card. The main guy started to explain to me about my credit and stated mine was complicated and needed to charge more than what was advertised. ($29.00). He said he needed to get approval from the bank and I needed to make payments of $250 a month until $700 was done. The bank was giving him a "discount" to fix my credit score. He said as soon as I put money down he will get to work on it right away. He also needed a identity theft report because he believed "someone" was using my identity. Although there was not much discrepancies showing that. Well over 30 days has passed and I paid $500. I advised him I am cancelling his services due to nothing he promised was done. Nothing was changed on my report. I signed a paper stating I will use his services if the work was done. Nothing was done. Now he is threatening me saying I breached an agreement and the bank will sue me 10x the amount I still owe. I put a stop payment on my bank account to him. I told him nothing was done in the 30 days he "promised". And most important I was laid off from my job and have been unable to pay any of my bills. I told him that, but he continues to threaten me stating the bank is going to sue me and he going to continue to charge my account which has a negative balance. Is there anything I can do and can this so called bank which he will not tell me, "he says wait for court", sue me for breach of an agreement? I stated I/m cancelling your services and I have no money to pay the balance. Do I have to still pay the balance? Even though no work was done on my case?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You've been scammed, big time. There is no magical way to "repair" your credit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">