• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

72 hr contract cancelation law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeffdedecker

What is the name of your state? CA & Ins. Co - FL

I went to a car insurance broker in CA and signed a policy to go into effect a week later. I canceled the policy within 48 business hrs. $280 went to the Ins Co. in FL and they took off $50 for a cancelation fee. The CA broker won't return the $200 broker fee attached to the policy. Doesn't the federal 72 hrs law, overrule any no refund or cancelation fees written into the contract.

I once worked for a debt consolidation company who had a no enrollment fee refund policy in the recorded verbal contract, but we had to return it anyway if they canceled in 72 business hrs. Even though we did the work already, it was tied to the consolidation program. Shouldn't this apply to the Insurarnce and broker fee on a policy that never went into effect.

Are these companies trying to pull one over on me? They say there is no such law. That their contracts override it.

If I am correct, do you know the law # or reference that I can throw back at them?

Thanx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">