• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

8 Dining Chairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diningroom

I found a dining room set at a furniture store in Texas marked clearance. The clearance tag said dining table and 8 chairs. The salesperson said dining table and 8 chairs. I purchased the set and the sales invoice said dining table and 8 chairs. I paid for the dining set with my credit card. I purchased the set on Saturday. On Monday, I receive a phone call that there are only 6 chairs, not 8. I was told the owner made an error when copying the information from the original tag and erroneously listed 8 chairs on the clearance tag. I was told there are only 6 chairs available and I could order 2 more chairs but would have to pay for them. I was told they would not order the 2 chairs and sell me the set (dining table plus 8 chairs) for the same price, they would lose money. The dining set is to be delivered this week. I was told I could get my money back, they would understand if I didn't want the set with only 6 chairs. Do I have any legal rights? What is the name of your state? Texas

Last edited:

shortbus

What do legal rights have to do with it? They're offering you a refund. You would take them to small claims court over two chairs rather than just take the refund?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">