• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

As-is

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

ben

What is the name of your state? NY

Hi what is a good defination tor the term AS-IS?

I sold a car on ebay for 2400$
I told the buyer( and stated in the add) that the was an engine problem and I was selling it AS-IS

Now he wants some money back becaue the is a engine problem. DUH!

Anyway when I respond to his email I would like to legally explain to him what AS_IS means.

thanks, Ben

BTW if I am always liable reads this HI!! yes it is me ( the one with the micron computer)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ben said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Hi what is a good defination tor the term AS-IS?

I sold a car on ebay for 2400$
I told the buyer( and stated in the add) that the was an engine problem and I was selling it AS-IS

Now he wants some money back becaue the is a engine problem. DUH!

Anyway when I respond to his email I would like to legally explain to him what AS_IS means.

thanks, Ben

BTW if I am always liable reads this HI!! yes it is me ( the one with the micron computer)

=====================================

My response:

Ben!

How nice to hear from you again, Amigo! Oh my gosh, it's been such a long time. What's going on with you? Wow, what a pleasant "blast from the past" to hear from you, Ben.

Anyway, until you write back . . .

Case law, from various States, has interpreted the term, "AS-IS", to mean, "WITH ALL ITS FAULTS". Your buyer is out of luck, and "Caveat Emptor" applies.

IAAL

B

ben

I see you've been a busy poster!
Hope you helped all that deserved it; pissed off all the idiots; and had a jolly time in the process.
Have a safe and plesent holiday, Ben
[email protected]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ben said:
I see you've been a busy poster!
Hope you helped all that deserved it; pissed off all the idiots; and had a jolly time in the process.
Have a safe and plesent holiday, Ben
[email protected]

=======================================

My response:

Yes, I have been busy, and yes, I have helped many people, and yes, I have pissed off more idiots than I care to say, and oh boy, do I have a GOOD time doing it !

You should check out some of my "TOP TEN" lists. That's my latest craze. In order to find them, you'll just have to locate them by clicking on some of my posts. I don't do it to all responses - - perhaps 1 out of 10 get a Top Ten list. So, you'll have to do alot of clicking to find them. But, they're a lot of fun, and should give you a chuckle or two.

For example, check this one out - -

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=123851

Again, it was wonderful to hear from you Ben.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">