• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Accept/Decline always binding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sjbjava

I live in Washington. The Accept/Decline software licensing agreements which are on everything seem fundamentally flawed. When I purchase a computer system or software haven't I already entered into a contractual agreement with the vendor, to exchange money for a product that I expect to perform certain specific functions? Are additional software licensing agreements on software installed or bundled by the vendor a renegotiation of that original contract? I cannot use what I have already purchased without agreeing to new terms and that seems a deceptive practice. In the case of the operating system and other software critical to the product's performance of the functions I have already agreed to pay for, I then must enter into this agreement under duress; I was never presented an alternative. If I am not too far off base here, any of the above seem like more than enough reason to consider the Accept/Decline software licensing agreement to not be binding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">