• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

account closure-still in dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danuiseult

What is the name of your state? Devon
Hi - I'm in Uk but hope someone will know the relevant UK consumer law. Is it legal for a company to close an account and refer to credit agencies while the balance is still in dispute?
Regards
Danu

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

danuiseult said:
What is the name of your state? Devon
Hi - I'm in Uk but hope someone will know the relevant UK consumer law. Is it legal for a company to close an account and refer to credit agencies while the balance is still in dispute?
Regards
Danu

My response:

Despite the fact that England had the language first, it is apparent that you, however, do not read English that well at all.

- US Law Only -

IAAL

danuiseult

Language and politeness-why so rude?

:mad: No need for such a nasty response. Perhaps if you interpret language so well you would sense an apology in my asking and that I just wondered if anyone knew if it was the same here. You know, some US people are quite happy to be helpful "beyond the remit". In your case, we had the language first and have preserved it better, and we seem to have better preserved the English politeness than, by your example anyway, our US descendants.
My command of my language is far above average thank you, and my command of politesse evidently greater than yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">