• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Additional unnotified fees after surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Altriak

Hi. Hopefully I'm typing this in the right forum. I live in California and recently had oral surgery to have something removed from my mouth.

I was informed of the costs associated with a listing of the procedures that would have been done.

After the surgery was completed, they gave my friend an additional piece of paper (Since I was still under anesthesia) that said they would be submitting tissue to a lab in Kentucky. In addition, it says that the fee was not included in the doctor's charges.

I was never notified of this additional cost, but it looks like it will be my responsibility to pay.

Is the surgeon's office the able to do this? I already had a set mind of what I was going to pay and this is a surprise. Any advice would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">