• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advertised & Sold as 4x4, but it isn't

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GullibleK

What is the name of your state? Virginia

We bought an SUV less than 2 weeks ago from a dealership. The salesman was the father of a friend of ours, so we weren't as on guard as we would normally be. The vehicle is listed on the website as a 4x4 and the window sticker says 4x4. I feel like an idiot, but we never checked. We didn't think about 4WD in 90+ degree weather and, well, I never would have thought they'd be wrong about it. The salesman is now saying he told us it was 2wd (it was never mentioned) and when we put the paperwork stating 4X4 on the sales manager's desk he said "It doesn't say four wheel drive." Hubby pointed out that it says "4x4" and he said "Well."

So, can someone tell me, what recourse do we have? We feel stupid for assuming anything, but we also feel they did misrepresent the vehicle and have some responsibility for making this right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">