• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advertising letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jh112

What is the name of your state? PA.
Every so often, I receive a letter from a car dealership announcing a SPECIAL TEST MARKET (sale). but also says NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC on the top. Close to the end of the letter it says:
"All trade-ins will be accepted. If you finance or lease a vehicle during this event, your dealer will pay off your current loan, no matter how much you owe. Bring your title or payment book.''
The last part following that says:
Dates: blah blah From: 9am to 5pm
Your test market site: ????/, this avenue, a city, this state.

There is no fine print that says "whatever we pay off on your vehicle gets added on to your purchase of another." " Whether it is stated or not, the consumer should KNOW we can't take a car and pay it off w/o the consumer paying us back, so to speak."
During the last sale of this kind I was told these things. I said it does not say that in the letter. I was told that I am supposed to understand that this is implied. Then they took my letter to the office and would not give it back. If there is no fine print, and if it says just what I have written you, does that not mean that one should be able to go in with a car that was purchased there and trade down, or even up, on the fact that there is no fine print?
SO .... what do YOU think? thank you in advance for your response.

Souix

jh112 said:
What is the name of your state? PA.
Every so often, I receive a letter from a car dealership announcing a SPECIAL TEST MARKET (sale). but also says NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC on the top. Close to the end of the letter it says:
"All trade-ins will be accepted. If you finance or lease a vehicle during this event, your dealer will pay off your current loan, no matter how much you owe. Bring your title or payment book.''
The last part following that says:
Dates: blah blah From: 9am to 5pm
Your test market site: ????/, this avenue, a city, this state.

There is no fine print that says "whatever we pay off on your vehicle gets added on to your purchase of another." " Whether it is stated or not, the consumer should KNOW we can't take a car and pay it off w/o the consumer paying us back, so to speak."
During the last sale of this kind I was told these things. I said it does not say that in the letter. I was told that I am supposed to understand that this is implied. Then they took my letter to the office and would not give it back. If there is no fine print, and if it says just what I have written you, does that not mean that one should be able to go in with a car that was purchased there and trade down, or even up, on the fact that there is no fine print?
SO .... what do YOU think? thank you in advance for your response.

I think they would probably explain it to the customer once they got them in the door.

Being a Realtor, we have several promotions to intice customers to call us. The small print on one of them only says "certain conditions apply", it does not disclose all the conditions because it would be too confusing to the consumer. Same with the dealership.

J

jh112

Susie Baby- Thank you for your response. I understand what you were saying about the "certain conditions" thing, but this letter had none of these things. As a matter of fact, I just received a letter (email) from the BBB and it said that this was a case of false advertising. I had scanned and sent them a copy. I tried to attach a copy of it to this in a previous try but was unable to do it. The letter from the car dealer left themslves wide open if someone were to press it. But thank you any how. I hope you have a wonderful day.

J

jh112

thank you, susie baby

I don't know how to do this thing right I guess. my thank you to you is posted in the one right below where you found this. Under advertising letter. so click there to read, okay? Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">