• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advise with requesting refund Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

david5800

I am located in Canada and we hired a company in Kentucky US to design my website. We both signed the contract as well. Now this website design company terminated the contact on their own said they no longer be able to finish the project according to our requirements. This has waste 4 months of our time as well as delaying our project. We are requesting full refund deposit but they don't wish to refund my money. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

swalsh411

Did you change the requirements on them after they started working?

Why can't you pay them in full for the work they have done, have them give it to you, and have somebody else pick up where they left off?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I am located in Canada and we hired a company in Kentucky US to design my website. We both signed the contract as well. Now this website design company terminated the contact on their own said they no longer be able to finish the project according to our requirements. This has waste 4 months of our time as well as delaying our project. We are requesting full refund deposit but they don't wish to refund my money. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
So what does your contract say? :cool:

david5800

Did you change the requirements on them after they started working?

Why can't you pay them in full for the work they have done, have them give it to you, and have somebody else pick up where they left off?
they are asking us to pay unreasonable remaining amount to take what they have done for us so we are not willing to do so.

david5800

So what does your contract say? :cool:
they can leave the contract with any reason but deposit has to be refunded and whatever the design have done has to be delivered to us as a compensation.

We would like to take legal action against them but not sure where i should start since i am in Canada.

quincy

they are asking us to pay unreasonable remaining amount to take what they have done for us so we are not willing to do so.
Suing them in the U.S. is probably going to be more costly for you than paying them this "unreasonable remaining amount."

swalsh411

What is this requirement(s) that they say they are unable to meet to your satisfaction? Did you alter the project requirements after they started working?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
they can leave the contract with any reason but deposit has to be refunded and whatever the design have done has to be delivered to us as a compensation.

We would like to take legal action against them but not sure where i should start since i am in Canada.
I highly doubt that above is the wording of the contract. Try to redact the names/identifiers and write the actual wording of the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">