• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Airline ticket exchange dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lbardone

TEXAS - Over a month ago, I attempted to sell a southwest airlines rapid rewards ticket through my e-bay account, but the ticket did not sell. I was contacted through e-mail by a person who wanted to buy my ticket privately with no ties to e-bay. She and I agreed upon an amount for the ticket and she then sent via U.S. mail a money order for the amount. Once I received the money order, I sent the ticket via U.S. mail to the address (in California) given to me. However, I did not insure or put a tracer on the package. Today, I received an e-mail from the buyer stating that they have not received the ticket and that I must either send them a ticket or a refund on the money. I think this may be a scam and have no idea if they have received the ticket or not. What am I legally required to do about this matter. Since I upheld my end of the bargain and sent the ticket and they upheld their end of the bargain and sent the money order, who is at fault for the ticket "not arriving". I assume that I should be responsible for the ticket's arrival but fear that I might have been involved in a scam. What are my rights, if any?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">