• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alarm Company contract issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tgaulke

Question from Washington State regarding Monitoring Service contracts. In Nov. 99 we signed 3 year monitoring contract for alarm system. After 6 months, I was transfered and we had to move 150 miles to another town. When we called the alarm company to transfer services - they said we don't provide service in that area. 11 months went by and we received no bill for services and our account was not debited. In May of 2001, our bank account was hit with a $200 electronic funds transfer from the company and another $200 charge in June before we caught on. What can we do?????

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tgaulke said:
Question from Washington State regarding Monitoring Service contracts. In Nov. 99 we signed 3 year monitoring contract for alarm system. After 6 months, I was transfered and we had to move 150 miles to another town. When we called the alarm company to transfer services - they said we don't provide service in that area. 11 months went by and we received no bill for services and our account was not debited. In May of 2001, our bank account was hit with a $200 electronic funds transfer from the company and another $200 charge in June before we caught on. What can we do?????
My response:

I fully read your post, and you want to "do about" what ?

Is there something wrong with the contract ?

IAAL

T

tgaulke

WE want to know if they are in breach of contract, because they can no longer provided the monitoring service and can we recover the $400:00 debted from our bank account?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tgaulke said:
WE want to know if they are in breach of contract, because they can no longer provided the monitoring service and can we recover the $400:00 debted from our bank account?
My response:

No. It's not their fault that you moved.

You signed a contract. All because you moved, and they cannot provide service in the area to where you moved, doesn't mean they are in Breach of Contract.

They are still entitled to the benefits of their end of the contract bargain; and, you would be too - - if you didn't move to a non-service area. But, that doesn't mean that they should lose, should it ? No, of course not.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">