• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

All Sales Final

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrundall822

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My husband and I purchased a kitchen set at a furniture store that is closing their midwest locations. (They are not going out of business, just closing some stores) When we got the boxes home from the warehouse we realized that every single piece required full assembly. Besides this, one of the pieces cannot be assembled because the holes that are drilled in the metal are way off. Also, one of the brackets on the chairs is bent way down and the crossbars are not quite long enough for the length of two of the chairs. It is now obvious that we spent a lot of money for very poor quality furniture. Here's the big question: On the receipt it says all sales final however it also has a column on the receipt that says assembly required and it lists "N" for each piece. It also does not list that we are purchasing damaged merchadise. We would not have purchased this set if we knew that it had to be assembled and of course we would not have purchased it if we knew that it was damaged. The company is trying to say that they will not do anything for us since it was "all sales final" I feel that the merchandise was mis-represented. What are my rights under this contract?What is the name of your state?

justalayman

IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY - Warranty that guarantees that goods are reasonably fit for their ordinary purpose.

If the sales are not AS IS and they are not reasonably fit for the purpose, then you have a claim.

"as is" is not the same as "all sales final"

You aren't going to get anywhere with the "assembly required" argument though.

it may take a judge to make the call though if the two of you cannot come to an agreement as to thier fitness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">