• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alterations shop - didn't give an initial price, now charging too much.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nicola Mullett

Texas - I dropped off an inexpensive dress for alterations. I specifically asked the price before I agreed to leave the garment. The owner said, "I don't know," noting that she would have to open up the dress to determine the amount of work it would take.

Now that the dress has been altered she has come back with a price that is 2 times the cost of the dress, unacceptable. If I had known this, I would not have agreed to the alterations. I countered with half the price and she refused.

What is my legal recourse? Don't I have a right to the dress or the value of the dress if she is unwilling to negotiate the price? Or am I stuck with the cost because even though I did not agree to a specific price, I agreed in my actions by leaving the dress with her without receiving a price?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">