• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Altered contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mstoc1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.
BOUGHT A NEW CAR IN 2007, FIND OUT A FEW WEEKS AGO, MY NEW CAR DEALER MADE VIN NUMBER CORRECTION TO MY CONTRACT AND FORGED MY INITIALS ON THE WHITE COPY TO FINANCE COMPANY, ALL 3 COPIES ARE DIFFERENT, MY COPY IS UNTOUCHED, CAN THESES ACTIONS VOID CONTRACT, CAN i GET OUT OF CAR, OPTIONS? SURE ENOUG THE VIN NUMBERS ON CONTRACT DO NOT MATCH THE VEHICLE i HAVE BEEN MAKING PAYMENTS ON FOR 3 YEARS.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.
BOUGHT A NEW CAR IN 2007, FIND OUT A FEW WEEKS AGO, MY NEW CAR DEALER MADE VIN NUMBER CORRECTION TO MY CONTRACT AND FORGED MY INITIALS ON THE WHITE COPY TO FINANCE COMPANY, ALL 3 COPIES ARE DIFFERENT, MY COPY IS UNTOUCHED, CAN THESES ACTIONS VOID CONTRACT, CAN i GET OUT OF CAR, OPTIONS? SURE ENOUG THE VIN NUMBERS ON CONTRACT DO NOT MATCH THE VEHICLE i HAVE BEEN MAKING PAYMENTS ON FOR 3 YEARS.
**A: what does it really matter if the VIN # is now correct. You have been driving the car for 3 years now correct? There is more to this story, like your situation has now changed and you are looking for an out.

JETX

CAN i GET OUT OF CAR.
No. You need to make sure the VIN number on your car matches the title that you have.
If it doesn't match, you need to contact your DMV or registration office and make sure the title is accurate for your vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">