• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Altered Diamond Certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jws1112

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I just learned that a 3 carat diamond we purchased from a reputable jeweler 2 years ago came with an altered GIA certificate. The altered certificate showed a better quality/color diamond than what was on the original, genuine certificate. The store admits the certificate is fake (and also admits that the employee responsible for this horrible act was fired because he did this to another customer). They told me that their district manager will contact me. If what they offer to 'make things right' doesn't sound adequate, what legal rights do I have? What would they be legally responsible to offer? The stone was over $40K and we truly believed it to be what the fake certificate represented (or misrepresented, I guess). I want them to find a stone that actually has the better quality/color (what we thought we purchased), give us that one and take the lesser quality stone back. Is that legally feasible? I'd appreciate ANY advice. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">