• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I bound to pay???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nowjasonis

**general contract law**

if i receive a sale letter from a book company with a book marked with a price tag $100 enclosed in the letter, and am told, in the letter, that I can keep the book for a one-month trial period, and that if I am not satisfied with the book I have to return it to the book company. now i do not return the book after the trial period, then I receive a bill charging me $100 for the book. what is my legal position?

please advise.

many thanks!

From what you posted above, the company has every legal right to bill you for the book since you kept it over the trial period. Why didn't you just return the book if you didn't want to keep it?

nowjasonis

thank you for ur reply, but why would u say the company has the right to charge me? i didn't request for the book. it was the company who sent to me themselves. was that letter enclosing the book an offer, by the way??? or is it just invitation to treat?

You said they sent you the book, in the letter you stated that if you kept the book over the trial period it would cost $100...meaning that they would bill you for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">