• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i legally obligated to purchase?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lunagrl

What is the name of your state? ohio

i "purchased" a used car from a dealer. i paid $2000 of an agreed upon $3000 down payment by m/c. i took delivery of the car that day. i was to return the next day with a check for the additional $1000 and bank draft for the balance owed. the dealer had me fill and sign a promissory note and security agreement thru their financing department "just in case".
the car handled badly on the way home. i returned the car to the dealer the next day. he agreed to take that car back and willfully took both the car and the keys. when i expressed my desire to wait before i decided to buy a new car, he said i was now obligated to buy from them. i said i would return in 2-3 days to look at new cars. i did not pay the additional $1000 of the down payment as stated in the "contract".
the dealer tells me that i own the used car and will start to receive monthly bills if i don't return to him and purchase another car. what are my legal obligations?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">