• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ambulence bill when i didn't call

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandib

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My husband had a DT Seizure on a public road and someone else called 911. He had had these before and I knew exactly what to do and did not want the emergency help. When the fire department and emt's got there they took over and told me he had to go with them. I told them I did not want him to, but they took him anyways. It usually takes him about 15 minutes to get his bearings straight. They wouldn't permit me to transport him myself.

Now, they are billing me for it. I have no insurance and I am on unemployment. I am well below the poverty level for a family of 3. I can barely keep the heat on and food on the table. I have about a $10 cushion in my budget and no way to pay the bill. The ambulence company say they have a long term payment plan, but I don't feel that I should pay since I tried several times to get them to stop their proceedings.

Do I have any recourse on this bill since we did not authorize it?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My husband had a DT Seizure on a public road and someone else called 911. He had had these before and I knew exactly what to do and did not want the emergency help. When the fire department and emt's got there they took over and told me he had to go with them. I told them I did not want him to, but they took him anyways. It usually takes him about 15 minutes to get his bearings straight. They wouldn't permit me to transport him myself.

Now, they are billing me for it. I have no insurance and I am on unemployment. I am well below the poverty level for a family of 3. I can barely keep the heat on and food on the table. I have about a $10 cushion in my budget and no way to pay the bill. The ambulence company say they have a long term payment plan, but I don't feel that I should pay since I tried several times to get them to stop their proceedings.

Do I have any recourse on this bill since we did not authorize it?
Pay the bill and thank God that your husband is still alive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">