• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ameridebt took my money and did nothing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BugHogan

Minnesota

I signed up with Ameridebt to see if I could reduce the interest on my credit cards. After talking to my counselor there, I sent in $80 (first payment) and there was supposed to be a month long negotiation period. I never heard back from my counselor and I spoke to my credit card companies and they had never heard from them either. I called several times, finally got through and told him since he didn't render any services, I'd rather just not use the program and get my money back. He said he'd get back to me about that and never did. I finally ended up emailing their customer service department for the last time(which you can never get through to on phone) and threatened to take them to court if they didn't respond. Lo and behold, the next day, my counselor's supervisor called. After a bit of discussion, he finally admitted that nothing in my file was ever processed and he would talk to his boss about getting my money back. Never heard back from him, just got his number today and called. He said my payment was a "voluntary contribution" for counseling services. I told him since no services were actually performed that was not true. He took down my number and said he'd talk to someone and get back to me (doubtful). I now want to know what type of legal action can I take against this company? It's not a huge amount of money, but it's the principle of it and I'm willing to take them to court. I have the express mail stub and the money order receipt for the payment sent. I also have the names of the people I've spoken to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">