• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amerigas Propane Tank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwbarton3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

We have a propane tank on our property that was used by the previous homeowner. It was connected to our fireplace until the propane company disconnected it because we did not have a contract with them. We do not want to use propane and have asked the company to remove the tank several times. They say they are real busy. Somehow I want to force them to come get this tank. What can I do? It is an above ground tank. I have thought about telling them I would move it out to the street and leave it there for them but do not know if there could be legal ramifications.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

FarmerJ

Send to them a written on paper letter telling them this is a notice to them that they must pick up this tank, the time clock has started and you will treat it as abandoned property ( your free to disconnect it at the tank, the line in the ground that feeds the house is yours , cap it too) send this letter via certified mail. Keep a copy of it for your records stapled to the certified receipt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">