• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Among other things,dealership refused my payment the repossessed car 5 days later.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrmarlex

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Can a car dealership refuse my payment, reposess my car (because they were unable to obtain financing) and refuse to return my $4000 down payment?
Issue 1. Put $4000 down on a $14000 vehicle, left dealership w/o vehicle while owner was attempting to obtain financing. Two weeks later price automatically jumped to $18000 sales price plus finance charges (dealer stated $14000 would have been cash price). Dealer refused to return deposit.

Issue2. Under duress transferred down payment to another vehicle. Signed contract for $314.40 per month financing (Dealer name on contract as finance company. Paid two installments which were cashed by dealer. Dealer refused third payment (documented by police report/witness). Five days after refusing payment dealer repoed car. Will not refund deposit.

I paid over $4600 to drive a used vehicle for less than 90 days. What is the legal recourse?

Cannot get police to initiate fraud investigation.

Can I sue the dealership and the owner, who was the person I dealt with and how do I collect from two parties on one claim?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">