• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Angry with my finance company!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NIVA22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA
I PURCHASED A VEHICLE FOR MY SISTER N LAW IN 2008 AND MY FINANCE COMPANY MADE ME SIGN A POWER OF ATTORNEY STATEING THAT THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKEING THE CHECK AND RETRIEVING THE TITLE TO THE VEHICLE. WELL THE AGENT GAVE THE CHECK TO THE DEALERSHIP WITHOUT GETTING THE TITLE. THE DEALERSHIP CLOSED DOWN AND TOOK OFF OVERNIGHT WITHOUT GIVING THE FINANCE COMPANY ANY PAPERWORK. I PAID 2 OR 3 PAYMENTS UNTIL I FOUND OUT THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE THE PAPERWORK AND I COULD NOT GET THE CAR REGISTERED. SO THE FINANCE COMPANY HAS EXPRESSED THAT IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT AND THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR INVESTIGATEING AND LOOKING FOR THE DEALERSHIP. THEY ARE A WELL KNOWN COMPANY AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I HAVE A CASE AGAINST THEM?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">