• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sparky9016

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I purchased a tablet in May 2012, and it ended up being defective. I communicated with the manufacturer and was promised a replacement tablet if I returned it to them (they provided all the documentation and case #'s they required to be included). I sent it back to them in July. The replacement was to be shipped back to me within 3 weeks. I contacted the company numerous times by phone and email (I kept all records), and they assured me it was going to be coming, but they had a new warehouse that was causing delays. Finally I received an email stating that the company had filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. and given info on another company for creditors to contact in order to file "proof of claim". I did all of this within the deadline. Yesterday I received a letter from this company stating that they were going to do nothing, and considered the matter closed.

I am wondering if there is any recourse in this situation? I sent my tablet in on the condition that it would be replaced. I never received my original tablet back (which I could have had repaired at my own expense), nor did I receive a refund or a replacement.

Thanks!

tranquility

If the company denied the claim, you can object to the trustee. But, for the cost of a pad it is unlikely you will get enough back to make it worth your time.

tranquility

They didn't steal anything, they're in bankruptcy. You're a creditor, just like the guy who sold them widgets. The widget selling guy isn't going to be getting all his money back either. (If any.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">