• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AOL's double billing for twelve months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Maryleigh

Because I don't pay the bills, I had not been studying my VISA bills,until recently. At that time, I discovered that AOL had been double charging me $21.95 every month. This started in July,2000.

I have subscribed to AOL for about nine years. I enrolled in Florida. I am currently living in Barbados, however AOL has Florida, as my last address.

In November,2000, I went online and changed my plan from 21.95 to the $9.95/month arrangement. I did this because, in Barbados, I cannot use AOL as my ISP but do use it to cruise the net.

What I discovered, when studying my visa bills, was that in November, I was charged $9.95 for the new plan and $21.95 as well.

So for twelve months, I have been overcharged by $21.95. $21.95X12=$263.40

When my daughter, who is in Florida and a secondary billing contact,spoke to AOL, they said they could only refund an amount for 60 days. They couldn't go back before that but that they would give me credit with my 9.95 account for six months.

QUESTION: Is there a statue of limitations as re AOL's right to refuse refunding funds which were charged by them, in error. The error was theirs, not mine.

Comment: It would be easy to overlook this situation but, as a concerned citizen, I feel it important to hold AOL responsible, if they are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">