• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apartment Lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hannami

What is the name of your state? indiana
i moved in an apartment sept 5, 2001, signing a 12 month lease. in the spring of 2002, i was given an incentive of $500 for signing a new lease. i did but that lease starts in october. i was not aware until the leasing agent mentioned a 13 mth lease for getting free rent. at no time was this discussed. do i have any recourse?

H

hannami

There is no mention of 13 months. The lease just has start date: Oct 1 and end day Oct 31. I think they are trying to get an extra month out of me.

HomeGuru

hannami said:
There is no mention of 13 months. The lease just has start date: Oct 1 and end day Oct 31. I think they are trying to get an extra month out of me.
**A: and didn't you get $500 out of them?

H

hannami

Yes, I did but I was not aware that I was doing this. If I was, I wouldn't have signed. I feel like they misrepresented themselves.

drago

"There is no mention of 13 months. The lease just has start date: Oct 1 and end day Oct 31. I think they are trying to get an extra month out of me." end quote.

Oct. 1st of year 1 to Oct. 31 of year 2 is 13 months.

H

hannami

So should I just pay the extra month or take them to court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">