• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appliance purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bobo25

What is the name of your state? illinois, i bought a vacuum cleaner and wrote a check on my credit card.the card company rejected the check and closed my account even tho i was not over my limit.they had not previously notified me of this so i thought the check was good.i tried to get financing at the local bank & they would not loan it to me.so i tried to cancel the contract and return the vacuum cleaner but the guy refused and demanded payment.i have no other way to pay, can i not just pay like a usage fee and return the product?it has been less than a month.

JETX

"can i not just pay like a usage fee and return the product?"

The merchant is under no obligation to accept the return of YOUR purchase. However, you will have to find some way to get the check honored, or you could be subject to both civil and criminal charges (due to the 'hot check').

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">