• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ATM Cash Deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JeannieWill

What is the name of your state? FL
On the weekend of Aug 2, 2003, I made a cash deposit into my bank's drive through automatic teller machine. There were no bank envelopes available at the machine, so I used a "window" envelope that I had in my car. While in my car, I filled out a deposit slip; I counted out $200.00 in $20 dollar bills. I put the cash (showing through the window) and the deposit slip into the envelope and sealed it. I wrote a note on the outside of the envelope, "No Envelopes - $200.00 Cash deposit", wrote my name, and my account number on the envelope. I proceeded to use the machine as I normally would when making a deposit. In fact, I remember having to gently push the envelope to make in go in.

On the following Monday, my deposit was posted to my account, on Tuesday, it was deducted. After several calls to the bank, I was told first, an outside company picks up the ATM deposits, and no bank employees touch it. The next person told me the ATM deposits were verified that day by two bank employees. They remember the envelope because of the note I’d written on the outside, but they both said it was empty.

Again, after several calls, I asked 1) if there are steps the bank takes when a customer has a complaint like this, 2) since I was doing my whole transaction in front of a surveillance camera, could I or someone view the video, 3) were the two bank employees who verified the envelope under surveillance cameras and could I or someone else view that video?

I was told I needed to subpoena the bank to view or have them viewed.

How do I go about doing that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">