• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attempted auto contract rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cindypopelka

What is the name of your state? texas
please someone let me know if i can sue punitive damages for the total deception of submitting a completely different contract with forged signatures. due to their own oversight of forgetting about the interest rates changing so drastically, they didn't rape us for the intended $ amount they tried to steal through blatant fraud. they seem so apathetic towards us and want to state what monies they will reimburse and what they won't...i'm so angry...can someone shed some light on this matter???
cindy

JETX

Yep, you are so angry that your post makes absolutely NO sense at all.
Want to try again??

C

cindypopelka

I might not have made the question too simple, but the obvious question is-Can you sue for more than the exact dollar amount incurred through the forged contract?? In other words, how do they determine amount of damages?? Thanks for your response, please be patient with me, 'cause I'm just trying to find some info...still angry though:confused: :mad:

JETX

Okay, next question... what court?
Small Claims in Texas is limited to money issues only, and doesn't hear claims of punitive damages. So, if you hope for punitive damages (or anything over the actual damages incurred) you will have to file in County Court at Law or District Court. Either of these will require the services of an attorney since they are formal courts of record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">