• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auction motorcycle has lien from HSBC. Trying to sell.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sideman87

Bought a bike at auction have registering got the tile in my name with a lien listed with HSBC. Contacted them and sent auction papers but waited months with no contact and when calling they won't release information only keep referring my contact to their title department. Anyway around this hurdle?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Assuming you are in the US... (because you didn't list your state):

I suggest that you contact their title department. Be prepared to pay the lien in full before the title is released to you.

Sideman87

Assuming you are in the US... (because you didn't list your state):

I suggest that you contact their title department. Be prepared to pay the lien in full before the title is released to you.
I have title. it was issued when i presented a MY-906 forum which state that original owner and lien holder where notified that bike was going to be sold at auction unless picked up. No one came to get it.

As for Hsbc contacted them twice mailed and faxed over the paperwork to title department trying to resolve this issue no response twice now.

justalayman

depending on what type of auction, the lien may have survived the sale. If I were you I would start with contacting their title department to find out what they have to say to the matter.

So, what state and who was auctioning the bike and why?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">