• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto/Boat Service in CT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donny M

Auto/Boat Service Contract

What is the name of your state? CT

I recently bought a boat. (well not recently but I have not been able to pick it up yet :mad:) The boat I purchased was from a marine mechanic and he was able to repo the boat due to a customer walk away upon receipt of bill.

I purchased the boat in January with an "As Is" in the bill of sale. When I met with the mechanic I was told that the boat was repaired for a customer, and this customer decided he would rather walk away than pay the bill. I have been waiting for months now to be able to pick up my boat. Early on in the process, the weather hindered his ability to get the boat back in order. After that it has been a constant it will be ready next week. So it has been about 2 1/2 months of next weeks and now I get the word that it is finally going to be ready.

This is where I am getting worried. Through out this whole process I have been asking what is going on, what is being fixed and what the price is looking like. I have recieved a bunch of, "This and that"s and "odds and ends" and a whole lot of dont worry about it I will take care of ya when it comes to the price.

There were a few things that he told me that I may need, tune up and what not, and I said that was fine. But I am really worried that when I go to pick up the boat i am going to end up with a huge bill.

I have never signed a work order, nor even been asked for permission to do anything. I dont know what my recourse is here, but I am trying to get prepared for this encounter should it go south.

TIA for any advice.

--Donny M.

With a lil push, I let them go and whisper, "Grow bigger and I will catch ya again tomorrow".

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">