• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mamacobalt

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
Purchased car for$6900.00. No one noticed typo in the loan payment from bank of $6600.00. Dealer accepted payment. Now I am being told I owe $300.00 to dealer. What to do?
I was not clear. I did not see the error-no one noticed it. Car purchased in March 03-bill just arrived for $300.00.

Last edited:

racer72

Pay the dealer. You recognized the error and did nothing. You now have a "dirty" contract, the only way to make it clean is to pay. Or wait for the dealer to sue you. Then you will have to pay court costs and legal fees too.

M

mamacobalt

I have edited my case. I didn't see the error no one did from March to now.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mamacobalt said:
I have edited my case. I didn't see the error no one did from March to now.

===================================

My response:

It doesn't matter that you didn't see it. The law presumes that each party has read and understood the contract. Obviously, there's a "mutual mistake" and, if taken to court over this, you will lose because the court will exercise its discretion to do "equity" between the parties, and to place the parties in the position that they should have been in the first place.

Small claims court is very quick. So, if you don't pay, expect to get a lesson in Civics, and Law, real soon.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">