• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rossjj

What is the name of your state? Texas.

I recently bought a used car from a local dealership. I applied for financing with them and they said I was approved through one of their banks. They gave me a contract, I signed it, and got the car keys. I have had the car, registered to me, for one month now. All of a sudden, the dealership says I have no loan, due to the bank not verifying my income. I spoke with the bank 2 weeks ago, they needed more info from me, I sent them the info, and they said everything was fine. Now the dealership wants the car back. I had traded in a very old truck for the car, and the dealership has already got it on the lot for resale. What are my rights as to this contract? I asked the dealership to "in-house" finance me (they did on my truck) but they don't want to for the amount of the car. Do I have any rights to making the dealership finance me?
Thank-you, rossjj

HomeGuru

rossjj said:
What is the name of your state? Texas.

I recently bought a used car from a local dealership. I applied for financing with them and they said I was approved through one of their banks. They gave me a contract, I signed it, and got the car keys. I have had the car, registered to me, for one month now. All of a sudden, the dealership says I have no loan, due to the bank not verifying my income. I spoke with the bank 2 weeks ago, they needed more info from me, I sent them the info, and they said everything was fine. Now the dealership wants the car back. I had traded in a very old truck for the car, and the dealership has already got it on the lot for resale. What are my rights as to this contract? I asked the dealership to "in-house" finance me (they did on my truck) but they don't want to for the amount of the car. Do I have any rights to making the dealership finance me?
Thank-you, rossjj
**A: return the car and get your truck back. Read your contract. The sale was contingent on financing (subject to lender's approval) and you don't have financing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">