• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto contract cosigned- no possession of vehicle or down payment given yet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jimmy Roach

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Yesterday morning I went into the Dealership that I purchased my new Ford Duelly at for service. I took my 19 year old daughter with me. She looked at cars and came to me about cosigning for a new 2003 Mustang. I did so without consulting her mother (my exwife) first. The dealership had to "order" the car from a different dealership and would not be available to pick up for a few days. My daughter also agreed to give a $1500.00 down payment which she was to bring in the following day or two. That evening her mother and I discussed the purchase and decided she can not afford this car and go to school fulltime. I attempted to tryand backout of the contract but the business manager would not budge. He was firm about having a contract and he was liable for honoring it. Is there anything I can do to get us out of this contract? We have not taken possession of nthe vehicle nor have we given any money. If we simply say we refuse the car what will happen?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Jimmy Roach said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Yesterday morning I went into the Dealership that I purchased my new Ford Duelly at for service. I took my 19 year old daughter with me. She looked at cars and came to me about cosigning for a new 2003 Mustang. I did so without consulting her mother (my exwife) first. The dealership had to "order" the car from a different dealership and would not be available to pick up for a few days. My daughter also agreed to give a $1500.00 down payment which she was to bring in the following day or two. That evening her mother and I discussed the purchase and decided she can not afford this car and go to school fulltime. I attempted to tryand backout of the contract but the business manager would not budge. He was firm about having a contract and he was liable for honoring it. Is there anything I can do to get us out of this contract? We have not taken possession of nthe vehicle nor have we given any money. If we simply say we refuse the car what will happen?

My response:

Nothing's going to happen to you. You're not responsible. People from Tennessee are never responsible. All you have to do is say, "DaYup, DaYup" a few times, and just tell the dealership manager that you're not liable for what your Evil Twin does. That should give him a good laugh.

IAAL

J

Jimmy Roach

So are you telling me that I can walk away without having to worry about them sueing me for not honoring the contract? Dah!! What do I do?:p

J

Jimmy Roach

It would be nice if I could get a straight answer not your sarcastic condescending comments. It just so happens I was brought up in San Diego, California not Podunk, Tennessee. The Da yup crap was uncalled for. The reason for asking the question was to find out if I have any chance of fighting this. I do not feel anyone should be FORCED to take possession of a purchase. How about answering the original question. Obviously it is not clear to me what they can do legally. Can they sue me for the amount of the car etc...:mad: :mad: :mad:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Jimmy Roach said:
It would be nice if I could get a straight answer not your sarcastic condescending comments. It just so happens I was brought up in San Diego, California not Podunk, Tennessee. The Da yup crap was uncalled for. The reason for asking the question was to find out if I have any chance of fighting this. I do not feel anyone should be FORCED to take possession of a purchase. How about answering the original question. Obviously it is not clear to me what they can do legally. Can they sue me for the amount of the car etc...:mad: :mad: :mad:

My response:

Okay, I'll ask one more time - - what does the phrase "signed contract" mean to you?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">