• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Dealer forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pmid85

North Carolina

I purchased a car approximately 1 month ago from a small dealership and towing service.

I did not think of it at the time, but there was no one present else (besides the dealer and myself) at the time of the transaction.

After reviewing the title and other documents I realized that the dealer had forged the notaries signatures in two locations along with using the notary stamp (once on the title and once on the title application).

The signatures are obviously written differently even to someone who is not a hand writing expert.

Also on the title it says that the odometer reading is correct, but on the bill of sale it says that it is incorrect.

I also have an as is without warranty statement that has a blank space where the witness should have signed.

Is this car purchase even valid?
Would I be able to sue for the cost of the car + other expenses (I had to travel to get the car, lawyer fees)

My other option would be to contact the guy and hope he realizes that he would be in big trouble and hope that he gives me my money back.

Thanks for the help

orb4me

The dealer? lol, what a dumb a......I would have already been to the police station and show them. They will tell you how to handle this baby. This is so illegal... oh, i wonder if you sue, you will get the whole dealership? lol

a blank stop on a legal document is someones worst nightmare.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">