• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto dealer screwed me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chris.w1996

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of:
I bought a car from a dealership 2 months ago I just made my second payment and I'm 1700 into it including my down payment.
I still owe 3100 on it and its CEL just started flashing I took it in and it's a 4000 fix approximately.
The car is worth way less then I owe it's Kelly blue book is barely 3500. The dealer did 3 repairs already and now this.

I called the dealer and they basically told me to **** off because I have no warranty.
My full coverage won't cover anything mechanical.
I don't have the money to repair it.

So basically I'm 3100 in debt no car even though it's only 2 moths old.

State : kansas

Is there anything legall wise I could do here to get me out of this sitation

justalayman

There are things you should have done prior to purchasing the car like researching the value and having a mechanic check it out but unless you can show the dealer committed fraud in some way, I think you are out of luck.

Delending on what the mechanical issue is, it might be possible to determine if the dealer hid some issue that would not be discovered in a general inspection by a mechanic. Some cars retain a lot of data in their computers that could be beneficial in proving such a claim. I suggest finding a competent mechanic and discuss the issue with him and if he can find some situstion that shows a great likelyhood of deception, come on back and see if anybody has any direction.

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
My question involves a consumer law issue (?)in the State of:
I bought a car from a dealership 2 months ago I just made my second payment and I'm 1700 into it including my down payment.
I still owe 3100 on it and its CEL just started flashing I took it in and it's a 4000 fix approximately.
The car is worth way less then I owe it's Kelly blue book is barely 3500. The dealer did 3 repairs already and now this.

I called the dealer and they basically told me to **** off because I have no warranty.
My full coverage won't cover anything mechanical.
I don't have the money to repair it.

So basically I'm 3100 in debt no car even though it's only 2 moths old.

State : kansas

Is there anything legall wise I could do here to get me out of this sitation [sic].

This is NOT a "sitation" involving "consumer law"!

This is a matter of you buying a well used older vehicle that (not surprisingly) seems to have suffered a major mechanical failure and you trying to stick it to the seller who sold it to you "AS IS" and has rightfully denied liability!

If you had resold it before the mechanical failure, you'd rightfully consider yourself fortunate and be telling your equally frustrated buyer to **** off!

xylene

You should get a second estimate and figure out exactly what is wrong.

It is possible you could even do some or all of the work and save tremendously.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't have the money to repair no matter the costs unless under 500. And it's a severe engine misfire problem
A bad injector (less than $100) can cause a "severe misfire". Bad spark plug wires (if your car has them) can cause a severe engine misfire problem (again, less than $100). A bad coil (usually under $100, but almost definitely under $200) can cause a severe misfire.

Find out what is wrong and then get it fixed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">