• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto dealer theft!!!!!please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jfergman

What is the name of your state? Mississippi- I recently bought a new vehicle in Tennessee. I "traded in" a vehicle that I was leasing. The dealership contacted the leasing company and acquired a pay-off. the dealership and i agreed on terms and i wrote them a check and drove the vehicle home to MS that day. approx. 30 days later the dealership came to my house and repoed my new vehicle, claiming they put too much in my trade-in and i owed them more money. again, this is approx. 30 days after i had written them a check for $28k+, purchased registation, purchased a tag, paid MS sales tax, and endorsed a check drawn on their bank account to pay-off my trade-in. it only gets better. This dealer stopped payment on the check to payoff my trade in and left my creditor with a $30k unsecured loan. the dealership even sent the certificate of origin to my bank so that i could apply for ms vehicle registration, which i successfully did. this has left my credit destroyed beyond repair. not to mention my job, self esteem, etc. please, please help. any advice would be appreciated. it get even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">