• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Dealers Blank Contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NoMoreCarFraud

What is the name of your state? Utah

Is it illegal in Utah for a car dealership to try to get you to sign blank contracts?

Why are car dealerships allowed to have their "court" for violatons of the law (crimes), via administrative hearings in secret. The person who made the complaint is not allowed to attend the hearing!

I filed a complaint against a dealership with the DMV for numerous violations. They retaliated by repossessing my car after I had made payments according to the terms of the contract. The DMV cited them for only one violation, telling me that "car dealerships in this state are very powerful". They said I had a great civil case against them. I filed the civil case against them and the civil court said that my remedies are in the criminal courts...which is pursued through the DMV.

Note that this is not a "fly by night" dealership, but a major American made car dealership.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">