• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Dealership dilemma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mystic2102

What is the name of your state? TN

I bought a used car (2001) at a dealership on 9/1/03. It was supposed to be a certified checked vehicle. The next day I heard rattling sounds from the vehicle and also the coolant light came on. I went back to dealership and said I didn't want the car and if there is any way to void the contract, since it was less than 24 hours after I bought it. They said no - on 9/13 I went back to have the car checked for another problem - not anything major but since it was supposed to be checked already and I was having all these problems I was getting angry. I then spoke to a manager who was extremely rude to me, and after I told him that he told me to "get my ass out" of the office. This was a Saturn dealership so I was suprised at how I was treated. I also stopped payment on the check I used for the down payment. I called the bank and they said the dealership has not sent the contract yet (after over 2 weeks).

What can happen to me over the stop payment on the check (is it considered a felony if I had a reason to stop it), and is there any way to get out of the contract? What if the dealership needed more info from me for the loan, and I do not give them any more information, is the contract still good? I am thinking of just returning the car to the dealership and leaving it there but I do not want to be stuck with a loan and no car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">