• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Barrelrnr

On a previous post I explained how, In January, there was a verbal agreement with a friend to purchase one of my vehicles. I was going through a divorce and could not afford to pay the note on both. She took over payments in January and paid on time every month for 6 months but was never able to get her own financing. In the meantime, I let the other vehicle that I had financed go back to the creditor (dumb move I know). While searching for a vehicle that I could afford I was told that financing with a repo would not be a problem but they could not do it as long as I had a vehicle currently financed under my name. After several failed attempts to convince my friend that she had to provide her own financing-I decided to take possession of the vehicle back. Now she is taking me to small claims court and wants all of the money (6 payments and repairs) that she paid + $500 (not sure what thats for). Nothing was ever in writing. Does she have a case against me? I know that most of the burden of proof is up to her- but what do I need to do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">