• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto dispute with friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Barrelrnr

Gainesville, Florida
My husband moved out in January, 2001 leaving me with 2 autos with loans. A friend offered to purchase one of the vehicles and take over the payments (no money was offered as a down payment) . A few months later, I found that I could not afford to keep the second vehicle and let it go back to the creditor. Meanwhile, my friend still had the first vehicle but was unable to get financing in her name, so the truck and the loan were still on my credit preventing me from buying any thing else. After several attempts to get the vehicle out of my name, I decided to take the vehicle back. After doing so, she has decided that I should reimburse her for the 6 months of payments that she made (50%). I disagreed and arqued that she had full use of the vehicle and put just over 15,000 miles on the truck. I feel bad for taking the truck back but don't think I should have to reimburse her either. Do I owe her any monies back?

L

lawrat

No. Even under lemon laws, you still owe what you used -- ie. not entitled to reimbursement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">