• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Extended warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marsh6599

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa
I purchased a used car, an 03 Nissan Pathfinder in March of this year which came with a 6 month warranty, which was through an independant warranty company. That very night the check engine light came on and I took the vehicle back the very next day. The service dept checked it out and stated that they needed to install a timing chain tensioner. Two days later the vehicle was brought to have the work done. The vehicle was good for another week and the light came on again and this time the vehicle was not running properly, losing power and bogging down. I brought it back again and this time the same code came up again and this time a timing control solenoid needed to be replaced. The dealer kept my car for two days and when returned everything ran great. Exactly two months later while out of town, the engine light came on and I lost power. I happen to be right in front of a Nissan dealer so I pulled in. When the Nissan dealer checked the code, it was the same code from two months prior. They stated that the timing chain needed to be replaced along with all tensioners and guides. Basicly it needed a complete front engine rebuild, a very time consuming job. I called the original dealer from whom I purchased the vehicle and talked to the service dept. to see if I should just bring it back to them or have the Nissan dealer fix it. The service manager who was familiar with me and the vehicle stated to just have the Nissan dealer fix it and the warranty will cover the job. It took two weeks for the vehicle to be fixed. When I arrived to pick up the vehicle, the service advisor stated that the warranty company did not cover the entire bill which was $2800. I had to pay a balance of $697. The service advisor stated that the original dealership did not do the job correctly, only did the minimum. The balance was due to a difference in hourly labor rate that the warranty company would pay compared to the hourly rate that the Nissan dealership charged. I'm I entitled to the balance that I paid from the original dealer that didnt fix the car right the first two times?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">