• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto finance company refused my payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kristiemhw

I live in tx, and my husband and I bought a truck back in oct. of last year, A while back re had a lasp in car insurance, so they put hardship insurance on us (which was fine) I recieved a bill after We got insurance again and a bill for our truck, the truck payment was about 19 days late ( and i know that isnt great) and i called to make arrangements. arrangenments were made and they were as follows; I would make a truck payment on monday ( these arrangements were made on friday all of this month) and pay the hardship insurance on friday. I call monday to make a truck payment and get told we cant accept the truck payment until u have paid the car insrance first. I told them of the arrangements I had mad the friday before and they still would not take my payment. I finally gave in and paid the insurance and asked how many more days do i have before my truck payments stuff goes up for review,( mind u we have never been late over 30 days) the guy told me 3 days, then I get a phone call the next day and on my machine another guys says you need to call us because your late on ur payment and arrangements have NOT been made. Well at this point im mad, and I call up and cant get ahold of the one that called and had to deal with someone else who claims to be management, I tell him everything , on how they refused my truck payment when i tried to make it, and he said that is correct, he said the insurance had to be paid first, then I told him i would try to have all the truck payment there on friday and he said that isnt good enough and told me i would have to have it there by tomorrow by 5pm or it goes up for review. Is it legal for them to refuse my payment like they did and is it legal for them to make arrangements and then renig on them?
kristie :mad:

divgradcurl

Is it legal for them to refuse my payment like they did and is it legal for them to make arrangements and then renig on them?
Whether what they are doing is legal or not will depend on what your contract says about this kind of situation. The general rule, however, is that once you are late, you are in breach of contract, and the lender can take steps to remedy the breach -- and the lender can do it on their terms, they are not required to do it on your terms. Check your contract to make sure they are following the rules and procedures they agreed to, but if they are, then that's it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">