• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto insurance policy cancelled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bookworm.kw

The car insurance company(located in California, I am in Oregon), that I have been using for a few months, sent me two payment checks back and a letter that our policy had been cancelled(for underwriting reasons?) on Dec. 24th,01. The letter arrived yesterday Jan. 15,02. For almost a month they let us think that we were fully covered when we haven't had any coverage at all. They issued a cancellation notice on Nov. 21st last year for the 24th, but it was due to a clerical error and I talked with their rep and she assured me that it had been taken care of and our policy would remain in effect and not be terminated. I have not received any more notices from them, and was shocked when I opened my mail yesterday.
I have a letter that I will be sending to them to let them know what I think of their company stating all the notices received and when and with whom I had talked with at their office.
I would like to report them to the BBB, and consider any other options that may be open to me.
How can they get away with letting us think that we had insurance when we did not? Are there laws covering this and the fact that I relied on the companies rep when she told me that the policy would be in effect? Why would I have continued to send monthly payments to them if I knew that my policy was going to be cancelled Dec. 24th. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

vrzirn

An insurance company re-instating a cancelled policy will inform you in writing. It was your responsiblity to follow up on the original letter and not rely on a telephone call.
For now, forget the rhetoric and send the documents to the company and nicely ask for re-instatement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">